Friday, October 7, 2011

Bummed & Stressed

Hello, and Happy Friday everyone!!! Hoping that everyone is well and is enjoying this beautiful weather! :-)

So I'm actually really bummed about something. As many of you know, I started Weight Watchers back in August. I was really excited because I had read a lot of great reviews about it and I really believed that I finally found something that would work. The first week was basically trying out the program, counting the points to foods I normally eat, and checking out recipes so that I could start cooking my own food.

Then during the second week, I actually started recording my food and points and I was sticking to my 29 points a day. That week was very hard though because I was eating all the wrong foods. I was getting really frustrated because I felt like I was ALWAYS hungry. I almost wanted to give up, but I kept pushing myself. The third week came and it wasn't so bad because I felt like I had gotten the hang of it...and I had lost 5 pounds!!! I finally was confident that this program works if you give it your best shot.

But lately, I haven't been counting my points, I've been eating a lot of junk food (I felt really sick yesterday after eating a whole bunch of Combos...), and I've just been neglecting all the healthy habits that I picked up while religiously following Weight Watchers. I guess its just the whole "trying to find time to cook" mentality that is really getting me worked up. Also, I've been getting bored with just eating pasta for lunch since that is the most convenient lunch I can bring to school. I'm not a big cooker. I'm a baker. Baker of cakes and cupcakes, not chicken and casseroles. I'm feeling frustrated to the point where I want to just give up the program once and for all but I know it works, because I can feel the difference.

To add to my anguish, the past week was just horrible because I had so many things due that I just didn't pay attention to the week before. I was stressed out and was cramming to get things done. If there is anything I've learned this semester, it is that cortisol can be your friend and your enemy. I'm not trying to get high blood pressure or gain more weight because I'm always stressed out. I need to find a hobby, an outlet, some sort of distraction. We know that exercise is the best thing for stress but finding the time to exercise really stresses me out! :-P So we know that's not going to cut it. All in all, I just want to completely turn my life around but I need to believe in myself.

I really need to sit down and figure out a schedule for myself, this includes exercising, relaxing, studying, and socializing. I finally quit the Gap, which has really eased the tension I used to feel when the weekend would creep up on me. I'm going to miss it, but it is just something I had to do. My dad told me not to worry because Allah will bless me with something better. Leave it to my dad to make me feel better :-) Oh how I love him <3

Anyway, that is all for now. I have a busy day ahead of me, as well as a busy busy weekend. My to-do list of chores is as follows:

-Clean my room
-Clean my bathroom
-Clean my closet
-Clean my desk
-Vacuum my room
-Do my laundry

I have less than 24 hours to do all of this. Lets see how much I actually get done! More stress!!! :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment